Sunday, 4 September 2011

Dad's in hospital again

I was woken by Mum at 1.30am this morning to say Dad was going to hospital again.  Henry was sound asleep at the bottom of my bed, and I think he jumped as much as I did!  Dad was struggling with his breathing, the doctor thinks it may be a chest infection and has sent him to hospital for antibiotics and oxygen.  I hoping the doctor is right, and it's not his heart causing it.

Dad's heart and lungs were badly damaged by the septicemia and strep infection that he had last year, so any infection hits him quite hard.  My brother, sister-in-law, Henry and I are meant to be going on holiday to Cornwall today but I'm not sure if we will now.  Between breaths in the ambulance Dad was insisting we go, but I'll make a decision when I hear from mum at the hospital with the doctor's verdict.

It's now 2.50am and I have given up trying to sleep, so I'm curled up on the sofa with Henry watching rubbish on TV!

Love you Dad.  Thinking of you.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you - I've been in this sort of situation in the past and know how difficult the "night watch" is. I do hope your Dad is now recovering.

    ReplyDelete