Friday, 2 September 2011

Visionary Soap Company - Review and Competition

Visionary Soap is the UK’s leading fair trade body care company whose whole range carries the FAIRTRADE Mark. They produce a whole range of products, not just soaps, all of which contain a high percentage of fairtrade ingredients.  To be classed as fairtrade, soaps need to contain a minimum of just 2%, which I was really surprised about!  Yet Visionary Soap strive to ensure as many of their ingredients as possible are fairtrade.  Their soaps, on average, contain 60% Fairtrade ingredients, body butters – 99 to 100%, lip balms - 34%, body oils - 19% and gardener’s hand salve – 34%.

The Visionary Soap Company kindly sent me some of their products to try - two soaps, a lip balm and a hand salve.  In this post I will be concentrating on the soaps, and will review the other products later in a different post.  The two soaps I was sent are Lemongrass and Geranium Rose.  I've decided to be very kind to my followers and offer the Geranium Rose soap as a prize for a competition, which will be later in this post.
The scent of the Lemongrass is absolutely gorgeous - really fresh and invigorating.  It smells really natural, no nasty chemical smells here!  The soap is quite soft and lathers up nicely in warm water, ideal for the bath or shower.  I've got sensitive skin and find alot of soaps harsh, but this was lovely and gentle on my skin.  It has lasted really well too.  I think this is a great product and would definately recommend this company.  At £3.25 for a 100g bar it's great value.  There are eight different scented soaps in the range, plus an unscented soap if you prefer.  Click on the link above to see the Organic Soaps range.

For more information about The Visionary Soap Company please visit www.visionarysoap.co.uk


Geranium Rose Soap Giveaway
One lucky follower will win the Geranium Rose soap bar (which smells lovely!).  All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is -
  1. Follow this blog using Google Friends Connect
  2. 'Like' the Visionary Soap Company on Facebook
  3. Leave a comment below with a way to contact you (email or twitter user name). 
Bonus entries
There are two ways of getting extra entries
Please make sure you leave me a separate comment below for each one, telling me you've done this for your extra entries to count

1. Follow me on twitter @juliebarrett62 and tweet about this competition giving a link to this blog entry.  You can write your own comment or copy and paste this one- 

2. Comment on any one of my other blog posts (not including competition posts), then come back here and tell me which post you've commented on.
Terms & Conditions
  1. The competition is open to UK residents only
  2. Only one normal entry and up to two bonus entries per person. Multiple, bulk or automated entries will be disqualified
  3. The winner will be contacted by email or twitter
  4. The winner will be selected at random from all valid comments received by 11.59pm on 21 September 2011
  5. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
  6. The winner's name will be published on this site

49 comments:

  1. I 'like' visionary soap company on Facebook

    @hannahmdy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog via GFC

    @hannahmdy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you on twitter and have tweeted :-)

    @hannahmdy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you via GFC

    Liked Visionary Soap Company FB page - Sarah Anguish

    @littleboo_21

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you on Twitter and tweeted

    @littleboo_21

    ReplyDelete
  6. suffering from similar illness' to you great soaps are my treat thanks for this giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liked :0)

    supergabs1@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. liked on facebook, and tweeted

    ReplyDelete
  9. Followed via GFC and added the fb page :)
    @trainsniffer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow on GFC and like Visionary Soap Company on Facebook (Hazel Rea)

    @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tweeted - @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Should have mentioned in last post I already follow you on twitter).

    I have commented here: http://adogslife-henryandme.blogspot.com/2011/09/dads-in-hospital-again.html?showComment=1315235929573#c697179361574543560

    @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you via GFC

    Liked Visionary Soap on FB with ID Phyllis Ellett

    my contact is @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am following you and have RT'd give-away with @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am following you on GFC & have liked Visionary Soap on FB.
    @Isis1981uk on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following this blog using Google Friends Connect as M.
    'Liked' the Visionary Soap Company on Facebook
    Contact on Twitter is @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following on Twitter and have tweeted.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've commented on 'Family Fun with Molkky!'
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I subscribe to your emails and follow on twitter but i'm not sure what GFC is lol! (Internet isnt my strong point!) Have also liked the visionary soap company on FB (@appleaday1 on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Following using GFC

    Following and tweeted

    Liked on Facebook

    @libra10001

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this
    @stiggants
    stiggants@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Commented on Henry in Cornwall, love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Already following you here and on Facebook : @MimiJane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a follower of your blog on GFC and I like the visionary soap company on facebook :-)

    coppelia100@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follwow the blog via GFC. nataliemay27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the visionary soap company on facebook. natalie mse goatley nataliemay27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am folloiwing on twitter and have re-tweeted @nataliemay29 nataliemay27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've followed and liked - thanks!

    @emilyh13

    ReplyDelete
  29. Following on GFC (Jules) and like the Visionary Soap Company on FB.

    @julescomps

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have tweeted about your blog http://twitter.com/#!/julescomps/status/115435216750919680.

    @julescomps

    ReplyDelete
  31. Following via GFC & have liked the Facebook page @becky0020

    ReplyDelete
  32. Following you and have tweeted @becky0020

    ReplyDelete
  33. have liked on fb, twitter and also i joined your blog on GFC. please enter me for the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Have tweeted the competition page @angiesandhu

    ReplyDelete
  35. I follow on GFC and like Visionary Soap Company on Facebook @angiesandhu

    ReplyDelete
  36. Following log and facebook
    @alexlukeshelby

    ReplyDelete
  37. I follow your blog on GFC
    @chocolateonemse

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have 'Liked' the Visionary Soap Company on Facebook
    @Karen a Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  39. Following on GFC and liked on fb (Erica Price)
    @ericahughes

    ReplyDelete
  40. Following you on twitter and I've tweeted @ericahughes

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am following on GFC and liked on fb as Claire Trevor
    @claire_trevor

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am following you on twitter and have tweeted @claire_trevor

    ReplyDelete
  43. I followed & liked visionary soap on Facebook

    @blogatwit

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow & tweeted your comp on twitter :)

    @blogatwit

    ReplyDelete