Friday, 7 October 2011
Belvoir’s Thai Pea Soup – Autumn Warmer Recipe 3
Now the weather is turning cold again, a delicious, warming soup is just the thing that you need. I have this recipe for Thai Pea Soup to share with you thanks to Belvoir Fruit Farms, which uses their fiery Organic Ginger Cordial to give it an added kick. It’s just what you need to warm you up this autumn.
Belvoir’s Thai Pea Soup
· 1 large onion finely chopped
· 2 cloves garlic crushed
· 2 tbsp. groundnut oil
· 2 lemongrass stalks bashed and halved
· 800ml chicken stock
· 2 rounded tsp. Thai red curry paste
· 3tbsl of Belvoir Fruit Farms’ Organic Ginger Cordial
· 250g frozen peas
· 400ml tin of coconut milk
· 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
· 4tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
· 4 spring onions
· 12 large sprigs of fresh chopped coriander leaves
· Salt & pepper
1. Fry the onion and garlic in the groundnut oil till translucent. Add the lemongrass and red curry paste and cook for a further three minutes.
2. Add the stock and Belvoir Fruit Farms’ ginger cordial and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Skim the red oil off the surface and fish out the lemongrass stalks. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the contents into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
5. Just before serving add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice to the mixture.
6. Season to taste. Sprinkle a few chopped spring onions and some fresh coriander over each bowl of soup and serve.
For more information about Belvoir’s delicious, natural drinks please visit www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk