Friday, 7 October 2011

Cheshire resident travels 400 miles to rehome famous radio dog

A Cheshire resident made a 400 mile round trip to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home to adopt a Greyhound that stole the heart of TV and Radio presenter Chris Evans who appealed to find the dog a home on his BBC Radio Two breakfast show.

Two year old Greyhound Harrison met Evans and his family when they contacted Battersea’s Old Windsor centre to offer a rescue dog a new home and find a companion for their current dog. However, the two dogs did not get along and Harrison was unable to go home with the Evans family. Determined to find Harrison a home, the BBC Radio Two DJ turned to his listeners to see if anyone could give the homeless hound a second chance.



Moira Tyldesley from Lymm in Cheshire heard Harrison’s plight on the radio, and even though her Greyhound Veno had recently passed away, she felt she was ready to take on another dog.

She said: “I was devastated by the loss of my Greyhound and as soon as I heard about Harrison I just had to call. I went through Battersea’s rehoming process and could offer Harrison just what he needed but had to make the long drive to Battersea Old Windsor to make sure he and my other two dogs got on. Thankfully they all hit if off and I was able to take Harrison back with me that day. I’m so grateful to Chris Evans and Battersea for bringing Harrison into my life – he’s a fantastic dog.”

Kaye Mughal, Centre Manager at Battersea Old Windsor added: “Thanks to Chris’s radio show we were able to find Harrison a lovely new home and we’re now busy searching for the perfect companion for Chris and his family.”

Last year Battersea took in almost 7000 lost and unwanted dogs across its three sites in London, Kent and Berkshire. Battersea rehomes all over the UK. If you can offer a loving home to a Battersea dog or cat please contact 020 7622 3626.

No comments:

Post a Comment