"Live better, lose weight...
Weight Loss – The Essential Guide is the ultimate self-help guide to losing and maintaining weight effectively and healthily. Written by a practising nutritional therapist, this book offers practical tips on how to set and achieve weight loss goals, how to eat a healthy, nutritious diet, and support weight loss with an exercise programme.
Research shows that we are more likely to achieve and maintain dietary changes if we understand how a change will benefit us and if we are provided with the tools to make the changes.Sara Kirkham explains in an easy-to-understand way the physiology behind weight gain and weight loss, the Energy Balance Equation and why it is so important, and how to calculate your metabolic rate.
Alongside the information on the science of weight loss, there are recipes and shopping lists to help the reader get started and practical tips on using food diaries, cutting calories and setting SMART weight loss goals.
- Globesity - The New Epidemic
- How Do You Measure Up?
- Planning for Success
- How to Create a Calorie Deficit with Diet
- Calories - To Count or Not To Count?
- Portion Size - Just as Much to Blame!
- Weight Loss Through Exercise
- Weight Loss Tools and Gimmicks
- Weight Loss for Life
- Help List
- Book List
Thanks to Need-2-Know books, TWO lucky followers will win a copy of Weight Loss, The Essential Guide. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is -
- Follow this blog using Google Friends Connect
- Leave a comment below with a way to contact you (email or twitter user name).
There are two ways of getting extra entries
Please make sure you leave me a separate comment below for each one, telling me you've done this for your extra entries to count
2. Comment on any one of my other blog posts (not including competition posts), then come back here and tell me which post you've commented on.
- The competition is open to UK residents only
- Only one normal entry and up to two bonus entries per person. Multiple, bulk or automated entries will be disqualified
- The winner will be contacted by email or twitter
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid comments received by 11.59pm on 29 October 2011
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner's name will be published on this site