Saturday, 26 July 2014

Review - Ozeri CardioTech Pro Series BP5K Digital Blood Pressure Monitor

Several years ago my parents bought a blood pressure monitor to use at home as my father had high blood pressure, however it wasn't always accurate in its readings.  So when I was asked to review a blood pressure monitor I was a little sceptical about its accuracy, but these worries soon proved to be totally unfounded!



The Ozeri CardioTech Pro Series BP5K Digital Blood Pressure Monitor is very easy to use and has proved to be accurate and a very useful gadget over the last few weeks.  You simply fit the Velcro strap around your wrist and press the power button.  Then comes the extra clever bit - a voice instructs  you to place your wrist in the correct position and guides you through the whole process of taking your blood pressure.  Both the voice and a diagram on the screen makes sure that your wrist is at the correct height in relation to your heart - this precision is what helps make this gadget so accurate.  Once correctly positioned the monitor gently inflates around your wrist and calculates your blood pressure.  The results of your blood pressure and your pulse are displayed on the screen and the voice speaks them aloud too.  It also tells you if your results are normal/high/low etc according to the World Health Organisation Standards, so this helps you to understand the results.

Testing my blood pressure.

I kept getting consistently high blood pressure readings so I mentioned this to my GP when I saw her for other reasons.  Blood pressure tests on this visit, and subsequent visits to the nurse confirmed that my blood pressure is too high and I've now been put on medication.  If it wasn't for the Ozeri monitor I wouldn't have mentioned it to the doctor and it would have been left untreated, so I'm very grateful that I had this handy gadget at home.

The Ozeri CardioTech Pro Series BP5K Digital Blood Pressure Monitor is a fantastic addition to your medicine cabinet.  It comes in a stylish black case, is small enough to fit in your handbag and  most importantly it produces accurate results.  Because it is voice guided it is ideal for people with vision problems, although if you prefer you can switch off the sound.  It has a built in memory for two users so you can use it with another  family member.  I was really impressed with this gadget and would definitely recommend it!


Disclosure: This product was received free charge for the purposes of a review.  I received no monetary compensation and my opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced by the sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment